Option to remove some domains from stats and graphs?

So, I've recently installed Pi-hole, and to be honest, it's been great! The problem is my mom has a couple of apps, on a couple of devices that are sending requests to a server every 3 seconds or so. This has caused all the graphs to break (not exactly, just not show useful information) and the blocked percentage to spike up, which I'm assuming will keep rising till it reaches 100% at some point. So I wanted know if there was a way I could hide these domain from the graphs. I've tried the Top Lists feature in API / Web Interface section, but it just removes it from the top lists and not other places.

Also, domains in question are: ae.gsecondscreen.com & wzrkt.com.

Thanks a lot!

Debug Token:

Not sure if helpful, thought I'd include it anyway: yyc3gf49jn

The answer is no. All queries are logged identically. One option is to setup a separate Pi-Hole for her devices.

Another option is to block the queries at her client, in the hosts file on that client. Then they will never arrive at the Pi-Hole.

Unfortunately both aren't viable options for me. The second one can't be done because its an android. And since I'm not seeing much of a difference by blocking these domain (Notification ads still appear), the first one doesn't make much sense. I'll probably just allow them. So now my query is, Is there a way to reset pi-hole stats?

PS: Is there a way to permanently change dns on linux, cause right now, after every restart I have to change it in resolv.conf. Searched google but couldn't find anything.

Why are you doing this? Are you having a problem that is resolved by this change?

Yes, forwarding DNS queries to pi-hole. For some reason my router doesn't allow changing DNS settings, it's there but disabled. For this reason I've had to manually forward queries. I thought about using the pi-hole DHCP server but I'm afraid that my pi-hole setup might go down and this the render the network useless for sometime.

I've already read these articles, the ads aren't really obstructive for my mom so I didn't need to do that.

Also I wanted to ask, is it possible to run pi-hole and pi-vpn together on a raspberry pi zero w?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.