No way to change the DNS on Modem

I don't have a setting that will let me change my DNS on my modem. I did change the DNS on a few devices. Could I use the Port Forwarding setting? Also the Pi-Hole login page states it is blocking adds but I don't notice a difference on my pc, ipad or smart tv.

Thanks

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

If you are Experiencing issues with a Pi-hole install that has non-standard elements (e.g you are using nginx instead of lighttpd, or there is some other aspect of your install that is customised) - please use the Community Help category.

Expected Behaviour:

[Replace this text with what you think should be happening. Please include as much detail as possible including, but not limited to:
-operating system
-hardware]

Actual Behaviour:

[replace this text with what is actually happening]

Debug Token:

[Replace this text with the debug token provided from running pihole -d (or running the debug script through the web interface]

Please follow our help template completely. You have omitted much of the requested information. You can edit your post to include this.

1 Like

I'm in a similar situation, there are 3 options:

• Let PI-Hole also manage DHCP (see pi-hole.net for further input on how to do this, but basically it means you turn on DHCP on Pi-Hole and turn it off on your modem)
  • Individually configure each device to use Pi-Hole as DNS when on your network
  • Get another modem or router

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.