New to Pi-Hole and a bit lost

Good morning, community,

i am new to raspberry pi, let alone pi hole and followed a guide to get everything installed and running on a pi Zero with an external wlan stick. For testing purposes, I only took my phone and assigned the static ip of my pi as its first and secondary DNS server, before telling my Fritzbox to use the pi as its DNS server only. Right afterward I cleared the cache of my phone's chrome app and went to speedtest.com and to my dismay there have been ads visible. Assuming these domains have evaded the blocklists I added them to my blacklist and also utorrent.com as both a wild card and an exact match to see if it works.

Expected Behaviour:

Samsung Galaxy A70, Android 10.

• Pi-hole [v5.1.2]
  • Web Interface [v5.1.1]
  • FTL [v5.2]

block ads and utorrent.com

Actual Behaviour:

ads are still visible and utorrent still accessable

Debug Token:

t3cvsxbh6n

I am not sure whether I have missed a crucial step in the setup and/configuration and thus wanted to ask for guidance.
Thank you for taking the time to look into this!

Look for a "rebind protection" setting on the Fritzbox and allow the Pi-hole IP:

Search discourse here for more Fritzbox related info.

Did you configure Pi-hole as your router’s
a) upstream DNS server (commonly a WAN/Internet setting),
b) local DNS server (commonly a DHCP setting)
c) both?

Hast Du Pi-hole in der FB konfiguriert als
a) Upstream -DNS-Server ( Internet | Zugangsdaten | DNS Server )
b) lokalen DNS-Server ( Heimnetz | Netzwerk | Netzwerkeinstellungen | IPv4- bzw. IPv6-Adressen
c) beides?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.