Network tab not refresh

Expected Behaviour:

[Network tab should show current conected client on eth0 interface]

Actual Behaviour:

[Network tab show only several clients at wlan0 interface when pi-hile was installed after switch to eth0 network tab stops refresh also after pihole -r]

Debug Token:

[Actualy don't have acces to my pi-hole]

I have install Raspbian on my Raspberry PI 3B+
First configuration and install Pi-Hole I have made during connection by wifi. After finish installation and short tests I have switched pi-hole network to eth0 and disconnect from wifi.
When I swithed to eth0 I run pihole -r to reconfigure pi-hole everything was finish succesfule pi-hole works ok clients are using pi-hle and show in Dashboard and Query Log tab but Network tab show only old data and dont refresh them (shows ony several clients at test when there was connection by wlan0).

1 Like

You can clear the network data using this command:

sudo sqlite /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db "DELETE FROM network"

The network data will be populated soon afterwards, if there is any data available.

1 Like

I run your command but I have error like below but file exist.

-rw-rw-r--   1 pihole root          15 Jul  5 15:38 pihole-FTL.conf
-rw-r--r--   1 pihole pihole   2760704 Jul  9 19:22 pihole-FTL.db

sudo sqlite /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db "DELETE FROM network"
Unable to open database "/etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db": file is encrypted or is not a database

Debug token
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/jk4d6dzq45

Sorry, instead of sqlite use sqlite3

1 Like

Thank for your help its clear all entry.
Now I see only ip of my router but still any of my clients.
In my case my devices work in one subnet 192.168.x.x and Pi-Hole on another subnet 172.16.x.x
Maybe for that case Network tab doesn't refresh ?

The network page does not refresh automatically, you must refresh the page to get any updates.

Pi-hole gets the network data from the ARP cache. If the device is not in the ARP cache, it will not be shown on the network page.

1 Like

Thank again for your help.
In ARP I have entry only belongs to my router 172.16.100.1
Because ARP store entry belongs only to local subnet (in my case 172.16.100.x) I will never see anything new in network tab my clients belong to another subnet (192.168.x.x).

No ARP does not cross subnets

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.