Network devices do not connect to pihole

Hello, I am having issues setting up pihole on my home network.

Expected Behaviour:

I'm running pihole on a raspberry pi zero 2 w, connected to one eero mesh router via usb->eth adapter. I have one Windows laptop (Windows 10), one Macbook Pro m1 (MacOS Monterey), one iphone (iOS 15), and one ipad (iPadOS 15) on the network. After setting up pihole, my expectation is that all devices will connect without an issue.

Actual Behaviour:

No apple devices are connecting properly, but windows laptop(s) are working fine (albeit with no ad-block). They all show they are connected to my Eero network.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/e9gL1Gd0/

It appears none of these clients are using Pi-hole for DNS. From your debug log, you don't have an active IP on the USB interface, but that's where Pi-hole is listening.

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Networking
[✗] No IPv4 address(es) found on the usb0 interface.
[✗] No IPv6 address(es) found on the usb0 interface.

*** [ DIAGNOSING ]: Name resolution (IPv4) using a random blocked domain and a known ad-serving domain
[✓] comunicazioni.bancamediolanum.it is 0.0.0.0 on lo (127.0.0.1)
[✓] No IPv4 address available on usb0
[✗] Failed to resolve comunicazioni.bancamediolanum.it on eth0 (192.168.4.155)
[✓] doubleclick.com is 142.250.72.78 via a remote, public DNS server (8.8.8.8)

PIHOLE_INTERFACE=usb0
    IPV4_ADDRESS=192.168.4.155/22

Run pihole -r and select the reconfigure option, then select the ethernet interface and IP.

Hello jfb, this was the issue. I had originally setup the raspberry pi to connect ssh over usb, and chose the wrong configuration when setting up pihole. It works now, thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.