Need to have Pi-hole in all network but my wife's (Apple) SmartPhone and Tablet

Hello all!

Being new to Pi-hole I found it a real solution for all my network.

But, as always there is a but, my wife is not happy because some games send "lifes" when she receives some ads.

Is there any feature on Pi-hole I can "open" some exception to, let's say, to her stuff, namely one particular iPhone and one iPad and expect the normal blocking for the others?

Sorry for the noob question but maybe someone has already a trick for this kind of situation and I'm struggling with this issue.

Kind regards and TIA

Isn't it possible to change DNS setting and use external DNS instead (Google,...) for these devices?

1 Like

@jockesve, Technically yes, problem is that those iPad/iPhone are part of home web. iPhone can work under regular phone Sim but iPad is only on WiFi. My Pi-hole is branched on first router and that's a problem .

You can manually set the DNS for those IOS devices to the DNS of your choice, which will bypass the DNS address provided by the router.

Settings > Wi-Fi > circled i next to the network SSID > DNS > Configure DNS manual.

1 Like

Well, @jfb explained much better what I meant. :thinking:
That's how I have to do it with one of our PC's.

If Pi-hole is also the DHCP server, one can push a specific DNS to the connecting client, based on the client's MAC address.

1 Like

Thanks guys!

All set, thanks! There's peace on home now.

Pi-hole rules!

@jfb Thanks! That did the trick. We have peace at home.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.