Multiple Top Clients with same hostname

Hi,

I wiped my tinkerboard completely and had to start over. So I did the installation of pi-hole on a current Armbian Focal and it worked (with slight issues) alright. The difference to the prior installation is now the IPv6 scenario that I am apparently not familiar with.

What I noticed after the installlation that under the top clients list on the Dashboard I can see that my main computer is listed several times with the same hostname. I can see three hostnames that have different IP's behind (IPv4 and 2 times IPv6). The question that I have whether that is suppose to be like that or do I have a configuration issue and all that IP's should be displayed under one hostname.

Pihole uses the IP address to identify clients. If your devices have (and uses) multiple IP addresses (common with IPv6), it is normal for Pihole to list them separately as it does not know that this is the same device. It is a "cosmetic" issue because you know that it is the same device (maybe even the same interface).

To address this "cosmetic" issue, see here

Thank you for your response. Actually, that helps a lot. I was "tinkering"around with different settings and trying to understand IPv6 during the last days, because i thought there might be something wrong. With IPv4 only it was just simple.
I like this feature super-clients and hope it make into pi-hole someday.

Thanks a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.