I would like to have a feature to implement colourful tail log on the pi, as this would make debugging a lot easier. No need to ssh.
- Red for blocked, as it already is
- Yellow for clients' query, including A, AAAA, PTR, etc
- Green for reply to clients, ie replying an IP
- If DNSSEC is enabled, use magenta for BOGUS
- White for DHCP
- Orange for warnings, like NXDOMAIN or things that the user needs to be aware of
- Any remainings should be coloured as purple or sth like that
- Blue is not used because the windows powershell is blue. If blue is used it would be hard to see for powershell users
I think adding colours to the web interface would be as simple as just adding colours to the text, depending on the content. Like colouring lines with "blocked" as red, "query[type]" as yellow and "reply" or "forwarded" as green. This would make debugging a hack lot easier.
Also posted on reddit