Longterm Dashboard available?

Just wonder, all the time I reboot pi-hole or if I change anything in the settings of the admin-page or even after the weekly gravity-update I recognize that the dashboardinformation (total queries, quieres blocked, percent blocked and domains on blocklist) is reseted.
Is there a way to get 2 "dashboardinformation"? A refreshed one as already available and a longterm dashboard which won't get reseted (only manually).

1 Like

This should not happen, the long-term database should store queries unless disabled. You you generate a debug log and upload it using pihole -d so we take a look at your configuration and if we see an issue there? When you upload, you'll receive a token URL which we need to access your log.

Thanks - here's the token: https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/yzoujao5cs

I see a lot of Database not available messages in your /var/log/pihole-FTL.log file. It may be that your database got damaged on disk and cannot be used any longer. Please run the following to check for this:

zgrep "malformed" /var/log/pihole-FTL.log*

If there are messages in there saying that the database file is malformed, try this solution:

Yes, messages like " database disk image is malformed" appear a lot.

Therefore I tried this according to your recommendation:

sudo service pihole-FTL stop
sudo mv /etc/pihole/pihole-ftl.db /etc/pihole/pihole-ftl_old.db
sudo service pihole-FTL start

After sudo mv /etc/pihole/pihole-ftl.db /etc/pihole/pihole-ftl_old.db the following message appears:
mv: der Aufruf von stat für '/etc/pihole/pihole-ftl.db' ist nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

Ah, Groß-/Kleinschreibung.

Please try

sudo service pihole-FTL stop
sudo mv /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL.db /etc/pihole/pihole-FTL_old.db
sudo service pihole-FTL start

instead. I'll edit the other post.

Now it worked - dankschee :slight_smile:

How can I see that this solved the problem?

Absence of any new malformed and Database not available messages in your /var/log/pihole-FTL.log and persistent statistics after reboot. And, most easy to test, the long-term pages on the dashboard work when you select Today

Just had a look on the situation this morning. I did a reboot yesterday, btw.
Running zgrep "malformed" /var/log/pihole-FTL.log*still shows many database disk image is malformed (11)
Does this mean that the situation is still unsolved?

Another question - where/how can I select Today?

Only if there are messages newer than when you made the changes.

Another question - where/how can I select Today ?

Go to, for instance, http://pi.hole/admin/db_queries.php and select Today from the dropdown menu:
Screenshot at 2021-01-09 14-03-33

When queries appear in the list, everything works as expected.

Thanks for the fast reply.
Yes, that makes completely sense. Last entrance showing database disk image is malformed (11) is from 2021-01-06 20:46 - I ran the command around 21:45 yesterday and after this time no messages like this are listed. Seems to be fixed now.

Thanks for the additional information about Today - queries appear when I select Today, therefore I consider the problem as solved.

Amazing support!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.