Long term data: Query log for last 7 days isn't working

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

[Replace this text with what you think should be happening]

Actual Behaviour:

When I call the "Long term data: Query log" for yesterday it's working. But for the last 7 days I get the error:

There is no error in the logs. Only HTTP 500 error.

Please check

sudo tail /var/log/lighttpd/error.log

2019-12-14 14:23:34: (mod_fastcgi.c.421) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /var/www/html/admin/api_db.php on line 139

My pi-hole is running on Pi 3 B+.

So the maximum size PHP is allowed to allocate exceeded 128 MB. This means you have quite a large amount of queries in the database. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do for you here as the reading from the database itself is the issue.

This will be solved once we switch over to Pi-hole v6.0 as the next generation API and web interface as the new API is more clever. However, we do not even have a coarse ETA for this revolutionary endeavor. The new code works as such, but it has quite a ways to go as it is not even close near to feature completion.

Why would you need a full 7 day's query log?
Does the same time range work for the Top Lists?

1. Why there is the option to select 7 days? :wink: I don't need this. Only tested this feature.
  2. Yes it works for the top lists. Fort 30 last days it needs longer. But it works.

Is there a time plan for v5 and v6?

We're in the final testing/bugfix round for v5.0. It got largely delayed as we decided to incorporate some very extensive new features where testing took much longer than expected. We want to start a public beta round, soon. Whenever there seem to be no more issues, we will release officially.

For v6.0, nothing is known. The code - as such - works, can be developed and tested for, however, only a part of the features has been implemented. As we do not have many React developers onboard, it is completely unclear when we manage to get all the features added. It may take only a few months. It could equally well take one year or somewhat longer. At this point, it largely depends on external contributions. And there aren't all that many.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.