Live Tail Log Stopped Working

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

[see live logging when selecting Tools > Tail Pihole.Log]

Actual Behaviour:

[Nothing shows up.]

Debug Token:

[8q001mr50y]

Thanks!

Your debug log shows that you have query logging disabled. This stops writing to the pihole log and you won’t see output when you tail this log.

QUERY_LOGGING=false
    INSTALL_WEB_SERVER=false
    INSTALL_WEB_INTERFACE=true
    LIGHTTPD_ENABLED=false

I see that. It was working before and haven't made any changes to it. So how can I fix it? Also shouldn't LIGHTTPD be enabled? Thanks.

Edit your Pi-Hole configuration file and change those lines, exit and then restart lighttpd and FTL:

sudo nano /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf

sudo service lighttpd restart

sudo service pihole-FTL restart

Thanks, I changed all to the following including the web_server but nothing. Still no live tail though. Everything else works fine though. Any ideas?

QUERY_LOGGING=true
INSTALL_WEB_SERVER=true
INSTALL_WEB_INTERFACE=true
LIGHTTPD_ENABLED=true

2 options.
There is a better way to look the pihole log, explained here, but this requires some work (windows)
Don't want to do the extra effort? run pihole -r and make the correct choices.

Thanks, the pihole -r fix my issue (except for the live FTL tail loging). I think I'll leave it as is before I brake it unless you know of an easy way to fix what's left. Thanks again for all the help.

You should also try tailing the log from the command line with pihole -t

Thanks. The normal live tail log is working. The only thing not working is the FTL live tail log, not sure why but also not sure if that's important or not.

There is generally very little written to the FTL log, so when you tail this log, it is not abnormal to see no output.

You can see the contents of today and yesterday's FTL log with these commands:

cat /var/log/pihole-FTL.log

cat /var/log/pihole-FTL.log.1

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.