Linux Server with pihole as access point for mobile devices

I would like to setup a wifi hotspot for my mobile devices, so my mobiles can only get traffic filtered by pihole or some other advertisment filter.

My other devices should connect to the wifi hotspot that my fritz!box sets up. They have their own filter. I need them to easily have accesss also to unfiltered internet traffic as for some applications, I need the ads. On my computer, I can easily disable µBlock origin or use another browser without adblocker.

Is that possible with pihole? How should I get startet?

I also want to run many other applications on my linux server, so they should not be affected.

I assume you want to do this when you are on your home network, and not when the mobile devices are outside your home network.

Install Pi-Hole on the Linux server. Don't set the router DNS to that IP, keep the router on the unflitered DNS you are currently using. Then manually map the mobile devices to the Pi-Hole IP for DNS service. These devices (and only these devices) will use Pi-Hole for DNS.

Then manually map the mobile devices to the Pi-Hole IP for DNS service. These devices (and only these devices) will use Pi-Hole for DNS.

Thank you for the reply!

I think this is only possible with root on android devices. If it would be easily possible, I think there would be easier methods of adblocking on android devices.