Limit port 80 accessibility

Is it possible to block access by local IP?
I want it to only be accessible by domain.
Or that the local IP redirects to the public IP (domain).
I am using a translator, I hope it is understood.

We don't support open public resolvers.

I'm talking about the pihole webmaster, is it possible that he can only be accessed from my public IP?
I don't want it to be accessible from the local IP.
Let me explain, I have a VPS with Local and Public ip.
To access the pihole panel I do this.
Local: 127.0.0.1/admin
Public: 123.123.123.123/admin
I want it to only be accessible by:
Public: 123.123.123.123/admin.
Is it possible to block Local?

We don't support open public resolvers.

I do not speak English. But I think you are telling me that they do not admit having pihole with domain.
So what is the purpose of activating https if they do not allow public pihole web interface?

I think you are not understanding me, sorry for my English, I use a translator.
I am currently accessing the pihole web interface through my public IP and my local IP.
Example: 159.203.95.226/admin and 127.0.0.1/admin
It works perfectly, now what I want is only 159.203.95.226/admin to be able to access the pihole web interface.
You understand me? When accessing 127.0.0.1/admin, I want you to send me to 159.203.95.226/admin. Or block 127.0.0.1/admin, which can only access my interface from 159.203.95.226/admin.
I don't want an open public resolver. You understand me?

Why do you want your Pi-hole admin interface exposed to the internet? It is not designed to be used in that way.

By installing pi hole on a VPS, you will always be exposed to the internet.
Precisely what I want is to be more secure, that is precisely why I activate https. Isn't that the end?
Sorry for my English.

This is not the case. It is exposed to the internet only if you have open ports 80, 53, etc. If you properly secure this with a VPN, then it is not exposed to the internet.

Do I have to block port 80 and 53 to the public in my firewall?
This would not cause problems in the blocker?

My firewall is like this.

Yes.

Not if you have it properly configured with a VPN. The VPN lets in only clients that have the required credentials.

1 Like

Okay, remove port 80 already.
Is it possible to limit the access per VPN client to the panel?
For example I want only vebat84995 and root to see the pihole web panel.
I am using Openvpn.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.