LAN connected devices working but not WAN

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

If you are Experiencing issues with a Pi-hole install that has non-standard elements (e.g you are using nginx instead of lighttpd, or there is some other aspect of your install that is customised) - please use the Community Help category.

Expected Behaviour:

I am trying to get Pi-hole to work with both wired and wireless devices on my home network. I currently have my Pi-hole running on a Raspberry Pi zero that is connected to my TP Link AX11000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Gaming router via ethernet. The TP link is connected to a AT&T Uverse router that provides the internet connection. Wired devices that I have been able to confirm are working with Pi-hole while it is set up as DHCP server are two Windows 10 machines, one Ubuntu machine, and one Rasbian OS machine.

Actual Behaviour:

Currently I have Pi-hole working on ethernet connected devices but only after using it as a DHCP server. Anytime I try to manually enter the DNS address for my Pi-hole (192.168.0.147) it causes my TP-Link to have an error saying " To avoid IP conflict with the front-end device, your router's IP address has been changed to 192.168.1.1 (instead of its normal 192.168.0.1). This router is connected to an AT&T router that has its base IP address set to 172.16.0.1. I have three wireless networks coming from my TP link router and none of them are currently using Pi-hole. All my wired devices are working with Pi-hole.

Attached is a link of screen shots from my router settings and Pi-hole DHCP settings.Struggling with Pi-hole - Album on Imgur

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/vwodzbitkt

On the screenshots you still have the DHCP service enabled on the router:

2 Likes

Ok after unchecking that I believe it is working. Thanks for spotting that for me!

1 Like

Clients initially broadcast a DHCP request to all devices connected to your network segment.
If the router DHCP is able to reply quicker via the WiFi route than Pi-hole DHCP can, the clients will accept DHCP options from the router instead of Pi-hole's DHCP.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.