Lack of whitelist and adlist

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Please ensure that you are running the latest version of the beta code.
Done.

Problem with Beta 5.0:
Obviously with the update to 5.0, the whitelist and adlist files are gone, in favor of dedicated tables in the db. This essentially makes it impossible to do batch updates to the whitelist and adlist without having to figure out how to connect to the db and edit the tables there manually, or individually through the GUI (gross). This seems like a regression from 4.x. It should be easy to still build the whitelist and adlist tables in the db, but have it do so by referencing the old files. Would this be a possible change to make?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I'm sorry but I don't quite follow. I don't mind rebuilding the db whenever I make a change to the adlists.list/whitelist files, if that's what you're asking.

Right, I understand that much. But how do I go about using the old files to build the tables in the db?

Unfortunately I don't see an option to clear/flush the database. Do you see something different?

Looks like I can do it manually by renaming/removing the gravity.db, and then rebuild it via pihole -g. However, that's obviously a bit of a workaround. It would be great to still have the option of using those files as an official way to build the tables in the db.