K3S setup, add blacklists and whitelists from the start

Using the docker image available from diginc (can't @ as I'm a new member. if someone can, I would appreciate it), I was able to set up a deployment to run on our family's K3S cluster. Everything seems to be running properly, but I was wondering if there was a environment variable I could utilize to automatically add things to or from the whitelist and blacklist since it appears I lose them all should the pod ever be restarted. I noticed on the readme that there's a variable called CORS_HOSTS, but it doesn't appear to be connected to the whitelist nor the blacklist.
I noticed in the logs it mentions a /etc/pihole/adlists.list, but it doesn't mention if that's the whitelist or the blacklist and when I check, that path doesn't appear to exist. The only paths I setup for the deployment is /etc-pihole and /etc-dnsmasq.d per the docker-compose script on the github page and neither of those paths appear to contain anything.
If it would help, I can post a yaml of my Deployment or VolumeClaim to see if I'm doing something wrong.
Thank you in advance for all the help.

We have not used this file since prior to Pi-hole V5 (a few years now).

diginc's docker image has since long become the base for the official Docker Pi-hole image.
If you were really using one of the original diginc images, you probably should consider switching to the official Pi-hole image.

I got to the image I'm using by clicking on Docker Install on the website and at the bottom of the readme it references pinging diginc on these forms, so I was under the impression it was his image. I now believe I'm using the official image. (pihole/pihole:latest)

Ok, now that we've established you are using the official image:

(Not sure what your are referring to by pod?)

That shouldn't happen if you created the proper volume mounts:
Configuration of allowed and blocked domains is stored in /etc/pihole/gravity.db and should survive container restarts.

Sharing your docker-compose or docker run scripts may help, but since you state you've created those mounts, I'd guess that the container may lack the permission to write to those locations. That may somehow be tied to your K3S cluster setup.

In case you would try to share a single database among multiple Pi-hole containers, note that Pi-hole itself isn't cluster-aware, nor would Pi-hole's chosen db engine SQLite3 be well suited for such a task. Multiple containers accessing the same database would likely provoke database corruption sooner or later.