[i] Checking for existing FTL binary...
[â] Downloading and Installing FTL
Error: Unable to get latest release location from GitHub
[â] FTL Engine not installed.
[i] Restarting services...

[â] Starting dnsmasq service

[â] Enabling dnsmasq service to start on reboot

[i] Starting pihole-FTL service...r

Looking at /etc/resolv.conf, it is still pointing to the normal DNS (not 127.0.0.1). binary pihole-ftp doesn't exist.

I tried to run "pihole -r" and got the same result.
[â] Downloading and Installing FTL
Error: Unable to get latest release location from GitHub
[â] FTL Engine not installed.

I searched the forum but can't find anything similar, could someone please kindly help?

Thanks,
Denistone.

You haven't said which version of Ubuntu, but if it's 18.04, there may be some information here which will help.

Thanks Robgill for the reply.

My Ubuntu is 11.10, oneiric. Yes it is pretty old but for the time being, there are too much stuffs running off it and I can't risk by upgrading it.

The problem I had now with pi-hole is that /etc/resolve.conf is still pointing to the normal dns (e.g. the one I got from my internet provider), pi-hole seemed to be partially installed. Somehow pihole-ftl binary is not installed at all and pihole -r didn't do the repair.

Thanks,
Denistone

Wow. Onereic. Good luck with that, I suspect you'll be needing it. Here's a post about getting it to work on Trusty, that should give you some ideas of what night be needed.

See if any of these troubleshooting steps will help:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.