IPtables Flushing Every Gravity Event and/or Boot

Hi!

Pihole runs perfectly as a cheap standalone network adblocker. I've stepped up my game and turned that same Pi into a VPN (PiVPN). There is this minor irritation in that every now and then--I lose access to the Pihole web console or having no internet connection at all on my VPN. There is an easy script/fix I've found here, which essentially just erases iptables. And usually, adding a reboot also does the trick.

Can you awesome Pihole people integrate iptables flushing when the user invokes gravity, -up and -r? It's a simple, but welcoming addition to the great Pihole experience.

Hi, thanks for the post.

Erasing users firewalls is probably something that we won't get involved in. Are there rules that are being added to your IPTables setup that are causing the blocking, or is it the reboot that fixes things. Since we don't modify firewalls except during the installation of the Pi-hole, there may be other concerns for your device if you are finding that the route is no longer working. The VPN most likely makes changes to the routing tables and you may have issues with that.