Internet won’t connect after changing DNS settings

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Pi home runs, begins blocking ads

Actual Behaviour:

Internet will not work, can’t connect to router login to change DNS settings.

Debug Token:

Ran debug 3 times unsure where to get the debug token because pc isn’t hooked to internet

This will temporarily reset the nameserver on the Pi to bypass Pi-Hole DNS.

sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

edit nameserver 127.0.0.1 to nameserver 9.9.9.9 or your preferred third party DNS service, save and exit

Run pihole -d and upload the debug log

Can’t get the debug because it’s a zero with one USB port, can’t use a keyboard and the ether at the same time, when you plug in Ethernet to upload the pi resets

Do you have ssh enabled on the Pi so you can run it headless via a ssh client on another computer?

1 Like

If the Pi resets when you plug in an Ethernet adapter then you most likely have power issues.

Yes but still encountering the same issue “ There was an error uploading your debug log”

I feel as though I’m in a simple predicament but a loophole. Pi is preventing me from connecting to the internet but I seemingly need the internet to solve the issue.

Having the Pi reset with an ethernet adapter is abnormal. As previously noted, this is likely a hardware issue.

Is there any way I can just reset everything that you know of, I would really just like to get my internet back as it’s affecting the whole network in my apartment. Would I have contact my ISP?

Shutdown and unplug the Pi. Reset your router to factory configuration, which should get you back on the internet.

Pi’s unplugged, modem and router both reset. Still able to connect to the network but internet will not work. This is definitely a problem with one of the settings I changed in router admin but really don’t know what I did in there.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.