Installing pihole along with nextcloud

Hi,
I'm having trouble installing pihole along with nextcloud (on nginx). All "guides" I've found that could apply to my case were written for apache but not for nginx.
I already installed nextcloud successfully and made it listen on port 8080 (not on the default 80 one).
Now when trying to install pihole I got the error message that it couldn't setup the DNS server and now I'm getting Error: Could not update local repository. Contact support.. I have absolutely no Idea what to try next. I'm hoping someone of you has an Idea what might be the problem.

Bet wishes and hoping someone can help.

Debug Token is not present since already the installation fails.

Run below one first (copy/paste) to make sure DNS nameserver is set to an external DNS server (Google's 8.8.8.8 and this reverts back to original with a reboot):

sudo tee /etc/resolv.conf <<< $'nameserver 8.8.8.8'

And post full output for below one:

sudo apt update

Try run below one anyway to upload a debug log:

pihole -d

Post the resulting token here so the devs can have a look.

To be honest I tried for quite some time now to install pihole along with nextlcloud (even installing only pihole on the raspberry failed later) with a lot of reinstalling the whole raspian and now I'm giving up, sorry but this is very hard usable in my opinion.

(creating the debug token has not succeeded since the installation itself was unsuccessful and therefore the pihole command was not present)

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.