Install halts at getting zeustracker.abuse.ch list

Hi all, Just as described I get as far as "getting zeustracker.abuse.ch list..."" and then the install halts and I have to reboot my server. Should note that I am using Ubuntu Server 16.10. Any ideas? Thanks!

• should note that I've already run sudo apt-get update/upgrade/dist-upgrade

Where?

Does it totally crash or can you still cancel the script with Strg+C ? Can you still log in via SSH while it hangs?

As described in the title :slight_smile:

It locks up, I have to restart the server to get back in and CTRL C doesn't do anything. Didn't think of SSH! How do I give my user account SSH access?

Once I gain SSH access, what should I be trying to use to troubleshoot?

You will just be able to log in from any other computer in your network using the username and the password of the user on the Raspberry. I never connected a monitor a keyboard to the raspberry. Always worked via SSH from the beginning. There is nothing you would have to enable for that.

EDIT: If you have a fresh version of Raspbian, you might need to enable SSH (they disabled it only recently). Have a look here.

Same issue here.

VMWare ESXi on a DL360 G6.

Ubuntu 16.10.

1 network card with driver VMXNET3.

Crashes on install or update of zeustracker.abuse.ch, but also sometimes on the one on aws:

:::
::: Neutrino emissions detected...
::: No custom adlist file detected, reading from default file... done!
::: Getting raw.githubusercontent.com list... done
:::   Status: Success (OK)
:::   List updated, transport successful!
::: Getting mirror1.malwaredomains.com list... done
:::   Status: Success (OK)
:::   List updated, transport successful!
::: Getting sysctl.org list... done
:::   Status: Not modified
:::   No changes detected, transport skipped!
::: Getting zeustracker.abuse.ch list... done
:::   Status: Not modified
:::   No changes detected, transport skipped!
::: Getting s3.amazonaws.com list...

And then nothing, SSH disconnects, no new SSH possible.

If I change the network driver to the e1000 it doesn't happen anymore...

Are you able to run

pihole -d

and give us the token?

I had similar issue installing to Vmware VM's using the VMXNET3 network adapter. What resolved it for me and what is recommended by Vmware for Linux VM's was to disable LRO. I only run linux VM's so I disabled this on my entire host.

I am using latest Vmware ESXI v6.5 as of Feb 24, 2017.

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1027511

Edit: Additional support link regarding this.
https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2077393