I'm moving from Rpi to docker and need a bit of help

I've been running Pi-Hole on a RPi for some time and have just bought a Synology NAS and have installed Pi-Hole in Docker.

It installed fine but continually restarts itself and I haven't managed to access the admin page so far as the run time is so short.

Here's how it is configured:

The only errors and warnings are as below:

I have little experience with docker and all things network are a bit of a mystery.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Looks like you just ran it without any customizations.

this blog should guide you through what settings you'll need to get it running.

I had to put this on the back burner to do other stuff, but now I've made progress.

I had my Pi-Hole running on 10.0.1.31 on my Rpi with 'whole house' ad blocking working great on all devices with my router DNS set to 10.0.1.31.

I now have it installed and running in docker on a Mac Mini at 10.0.1.47.

I access the admin page from any device at 10.0.1.47.

Ads are being blocked fine on the Mac Mini, that has docker and Pi-hole running, but not on any other device.

I have my DNS in my router set to 10.0.1.47 and have also set it to that on my Macbook and iMac. Still no blocking.

Below is a screenshot of the docker containers and settings:

I'm sure this is just a simple setting change requirement but my network knowledge is still a persistent challenge.

Any help to point me in the right direction will be much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.