I want to disable Video on Alexa Show with pihole - is this possible?

Hi all

I want to disable Videos on Alexa Show Devices. I created a group, added one of my Show Devices to it and now I am trying to find out which Domain Names are important for Video Play. Does anyone have a list of domains? The group works great... I added a regex blacklist with this:
(.|^)amazon(.+|.)(com|de)$
but of course, nothing works now with the show device :wink:
So I need to get through all domain names now, that the device asks for?
Has anyone done this before btw?
I found this list on an amazon forum:
https://de.amazonforum.com/s/question/0D54P00007NPWkySAH/pin-kindersicherung-auch-auf-ab-0
(sorry, it's in german)
but it seems that the list is not complete.

best
tiras

These tools can help you find the domains to block. No guarantee that you can block video on Show without breaking the functionality though.

I know. But Name resolution is less Compute intense compared to proxying. So I favor this 'route' :wink:
And it seems like my idea is working out... I just need to find the 'perfect list' of domains to block for the alexa show devices. I have 3 Alexa Show, one for the kids, one for my homeoffice and another Alexa Echo Spot. I added the kids and the spot device to a group and added Blocks to the group that sounded like video sources. The homeoffice show still plays Prime Video and other Video Streams, the other 2 do not. I need to do some more tests though.
Background is that I don't want my kids to watch TV / Video Streams all day.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.