I cant get pihole to work anymore

Expected Behaviour:

pihole running on my network and blocking ads for all connected devices.

Actual Behaviour:

pihole running and resolving queries but not blocking.
(i changed my network layout to type a for better management but now my pihole wont block ads anymore)

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/jlk1ivojn9

This is likely the cause of your problem. Your debug log shows that Pi-Hole is operating normally and listening for DNS traffic at IP 10.1.1.3. If you changed this IP, then you will need to ensure that all the connecte clients have renewed their DHCP lease to get the new IP.

hi thanks for the fast response!

i tried to renew the leases on my devices but that didnt work either. they all use 10.1.1.3 as their dns and resolve ips over it but ads wont get blocked.

From a connected desktop or laptop client, from the command prompt or terminal on that client, what is the output of the following command:

nslookup pi.hole

hi i just ran the command. speedport.ip is my router. but i dont understand why its called here. the configured dns on this machine is 10.1.1.3

C:\Users\klein>nslookup pi.hole
Server:  speedport.ip
Address:  fe80::1

*** speedport.ip can't find pi.hole: Non-existent domain

The router is supplying an IPv6 DNS that the client is picking up and using. I would disable IPv6 on the client and the router and see if that resolves the issue.

I think I got it, but I dont know how I fixed it. I disabled piholes dhcp and used the dhcp from my windows server temporarily. Then I switch it back and restarted the router and now it works with all clients. Weird.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.