How to add Firebog block lists with version 5.0

Hello there! I just updated my pihole to version 5.0. I used to copy all ticked blocklist URLs from Firebog (https://v.firebog.net/hosts/lists.php?type=tick) into the file /etc/pihole/adlists.txt or something familiar ... Then, after running pihole -g, all domains were extracted from all those URLs and that was it.
Now I could not find this specific file mentioned above. So the question is: How can I import the URLs from Firebog in version 5.0? Is there a possibility similar to previous days or do I really have to copy and paste every single URL from Firebog into the web interface of pihole?
Thanks a thousand times for your help !!! I LOVE PIHOLE !!!!

You do not. You can paste a number of URLs into the adlist entry window in the domain management tab. Go to the ticked lists page, copy the lot of the URL's to the clipboard, then paste this lot into the adlists. As long as there are no duplicates between what you are pasting and what is in your current adlists, they will all be imported. Any duplicates will throw an error.

1 Like

Hiya jfb, thanks a lot for your very quick response!
First of all, your solution worked but I have two complaints about this way: With version 4.x I was able to totally administrate the pihole via terminal, now I have to include the web interface because otherwise I wouldn't be able to add those blocklist collections which are a charm.
But OK, if that's the way now, I have to adapt.
But there's one thing that bothers me: If I want to update the imported blocklists, I have to manually delete every single one of them entries, then, I can bulk import as you described.
Is there a way to bulk delete all adlist entries? Thanks again !!!

1 Like

Thanks brother, that's what I was looking for. Next time I will use the search function first I guess ... Thanks for your patience !!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.