Help with Plex, media server, and pi-hole

Good evening,

I am running into an issue where I can't seem to get it to allow YouTube and videos on Plex to play on my local computer.

I white listed:

I am using the following lists:

I believe that's it.

I have tried used DNSthingy to assist me in figuring out what to white list for Plex. I also can't seem to figure out what I would need to white list for Plex to work. I see that plex.tv is one domain along with what appears to be a hash value with plex.direct being the suffix. White listing this value did not appear to allow content to be viewed.

Both YouTube and Plex appear to work via app.

Also an oddity is that I can't seem to play media from my network share using VLC while pi-hole is running. This may coincidental, however I've tried using VLC to play content on the network share with pi-hole on and off (with reboots in between) and consistently I am unable to play content when pi-hole is enabled.

I have tried to look at the pihole.log to figure out what I should white list but there is a lot of information that I'm not sure where to start with.

Any assistance would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Have you ever looked at the Query Log page of your Pi-hole web interface? You can even immediately whitelist domains by clicking on the provided button.

Hi there!

I did look at the Query Log and didn't see anything that was being blocked that looked related.

However, I reached out to some folks and was made aware that I had not made an entry to the hosts file for the network share.

In the process of updating and restarting the service I noticed that the IPv4 address was incorrect in the settings page(I had tried pi-hole in the past and redid my network recently). I did a pihole -r and now it shows the correct address.
It seems to have worked as I can view items in Plex, Youtube, and Netflix now.

Thank you for your help!

I have seen my Query log and There was everything ok. I think this is due to PIv4 address was mismatched or incorrect. It's good working now. You can also try scdownloader.online to convert your file in to mp3.