Help with a website

Hi, I'm on Pi-hole v5.2.1, and it is working perfectlyt except for this one site I use quite often as it is a news website. I have used inspect in chrome to try and find the source for the ads, but have not been able to block them.

The site is www.emol.com

Can someone please help me block them.

Thanks.

Manolo

Hi, thanks for that, but I have read this and tried what is suggested there, as well as various other ways of blocking ads suggested in this forum. But nothing much has worked so far. I think I have managed to block tracking on the site and one banner, the rest of the ads I have been unable to do anything about them. Can someone please, actually have a look and suggest something. Thanks.

You cannot block these ads with pihole. Those ads are coming from emol.com itself. You either block the entire site or nothing.
Not even ublock origin is blocking these ads.

1 Like

None of which can be used on Pi-hole so please do not try to enter that as a regex or something.

Thanks, no wonder I was unable to stop the ads, I don't much about this, so thanks again.

I have one last question, is there any other way to stop these ads outside of using pi-hole ? Seems to me some sites are doing sneaky things that make pi-hole unable to block them. Can this issue be addressed somehow ??

Nevertheless, Pi-Hole works really well, and thanks to everyone involved in this project.

Manolo

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.