Group Management: assignment not saved

I have assigned the group test to a adlist.

Now I want to undo this assignment, works (on screen), green success message is displayed

When I go to the next page, using the buttons at the bottom of the screen

and back to the first screen, using the buttons at the bottom of the screen

The assignment has changed back to the test group
![image|690x149]

Moderator error - this post was incorrectly merged with another post, then put back into place as a separate topic.

I've noticed that assignment does, in fact, get saved, it's just that the UI doesn't properly display it when navigating the way mentioned in the OP. If one does a forced refresh of the page, it will properly display that it has been assigned. I've also verified this by looking directly in the database.

Thanks for checking this. I was going back an forth on this. Should we really force an update on the user? I had that initially and it seemed quite distracting in case you want to edit multiple things one after another as jumping around with [Tab] doesn't work when the page is refreshed and the focus is reset.

When a list filter is changed, the group selections are reset, making it appear that all changes were lost. But a refresh indicates that they were not lost.

Please check if

pihole checkout web fix/group_mgmt_reload_ajax

fixes the issues mentioned herein.

Nope. Still broken. Rebooted the whole system even.

I’ve noticed a similar issue with the group assignment.

For me, I have a regex blacklist which I’ve assigned to a group, as per below:

and that works fine initially. But then the next day, I notice that the block is being performed for all clients. So I go check the group assignments, and all of a sudden both my group and the “Unassociated” group is selected.

Then I unselect the “Unassociated” group, and all is fine again... until it decides to assign to all groups again a while later.

I’m not sure if perhaps one of the updates are triggering it. I ran pihole -up after setting the groups, and after the update both groups were selected again.... could just be coincidence...

Same thing happened to me. I updated and then all my lists grabbed "Unassociated" in additional to other groups I had picked for them.

Yup, all checkboxes are populated after a gravity run. Have to unselect 2 and reload lists every time..

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have created a client group and have added a list of clients. I've added those clients to both the default 'Unassociated' group and the group I created for them, as I want them to get the default block lists, but also some additional ones. I have additional blacklisted URLs that I have associated only with the host group I created. However, when I update the pihole, the blacklisted URLs I had previously only associated with my host group automatically get associated with both it and the 'Unassociated' group as well, forcing me to have to disassociate it from 'Unassociated' and then run a pihole restartdns reload-lists, which with my lists takes about a minute and a half to two minutes.

Maybe don't force an update on the user, but have an 'Apply' button or similar UI element that the user can use after making all their changes to then run the 'pihole restartdns reload-lists'?

This issue should be resolved. I thought the corresponding bugfix went in much earlier but it was only reviewed and merged today. Anyone in here, please update and check if this resolves the issue. I'm not entirely sure if the bugfix is already effective or will only be for the next update afterwards, but it should already work now.