Graphs not displaying correctly

After a Raspberry crash (the Raspberries quit responding) one of my Piholes is not displaying the graphs correctly.

Expected Behaviour:

That the graphs would look like this

Actual Behaviour:

They look like this instead

Debug Token: pi9gwk18ro

I tried a pihole -f and got this as a result:

pi@raspberrypi1:~ $ pihole -f
::: Flushing /var/log/pihole.log ...error: bad year 1969 for file /var/log/pihole-FTL.log in state file /var/lib/logrotate/status
error: bad year 1969 for file /var/log/pihole-FTL.log in state file /var/lib/logrotate/status
... done!

I also thought it might be Chrome and tried CTRL+Shift+Rbut that didn't have any affect.

What else should I try?

Thanks,
Chad

You time was completely off and this seems to be your problem. Try removing the following files:

/var/log/pihole.log
/var/log/pihole.log.1
/var/log/pihole-FTL.log
1 Like

That seemed to have fixed it. Thanks!

Well, I was wrong on the being fixed part. Now the display thinks the FTL is offline. Here's ahttps://i.imgur.com/LGotiFM.png screenshot.
I tried running pihole -r twice but that didn't seem to fix it. Maybe I need to add in blank versions of the log files DL6ER had me remove? Maybe I have something going wrong deeper in the Raspberry Pi?

Here's a new debug code: qaqxb1jc1z

Any advice is aperciated

Try running sudo service dnsmasq restart and then sudo service pihole-FTL restart

I'll give that a shot tonight.

I'm now wondering if something else is going on. I just lost the 2nd pihole. It's not responding to pings. I hope I don't have some kind of hardware failure on two Raspberries or that I don't have to rebuild the devices.
They have been humming along for the last couple of months without issue and in the last week both have dropped off the network a couple of times.

Also try flushing your browser cache just to rule it out...

I tried that just now and I'm still having issues. BUT I'm an ID10T and upgraded to 3.2 so the environment completely changed.
Here's a screenshot of what I see now. 3.2 screen

Debug token = mkxorqck8l

The 3.2 didn't easily upgrade and I had to uninstall 1st.
I tried to upgrade and it failed on (Dammit, I now forget what part failed, I should have written this up last night) removing the old version.
I ran through the uninstall and it hung on removing a couple of dependencies and I had to reboot to get the Pi to respond.
On the 3 attempt to uninstall I left the dependencies alone and the install finished fine.
After it was uninstalled I tried making sure the packages and OS were okay by running:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
and finally sudo curl -sSL https://install.pi-hole.net | bash to get 3.2 installed.

If ANYONE has an idea on what I can do next to fix this install, please let me know.

Thanks!

Thanks, I tried that too, but it didn't help :frowning:

I have same exact issues with both my installs. One is running on Pi3 other is on old laptop running Ubuntu. Both happened after running Pihole -up this morning.
Bright side, they seem to still be blocking.

This is what i'm getting when I try to update the one running on Pi3
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ pihole -up
[i] Checking for updates...
[i] Pi-hole Core: up to date
[i] FTL: update available

[i] FTL out of date

[i] FTL Checks...
[✓] Detected ARM-hf architecture (armv7+)
[i] Checking for existing FTL binary...
[i] Downloading and Installing FTL.../etc/.pihole/automated install/basic-install.sh: line 1735: 8387 Segmentation fault sha1sum --status --quiet -c "${binary}".sha1
[✗] Downloading and Installing FTL
Error: Download of binary from Github failed

Your debug token is: 507ntjp1vm

This is what happens when I try to update the Ubuntu

adblocker@adblocker-HP-Pavilion-dv3500-Notebook-PC:~$ pihole -up
::: Checking for updates...
::: Pi-hole Core: up to date
::: FTL: up to date
::: Web Interface: up to date
:::
::: Everything is up to date!

--=== Your debug token is : laace7lvav Please make a note of it. ===---

Run pihole -d for a debug token.

If the sha1sum is failing, that sounds like an OS level issue. What is the output of

sha1sum --version

Ok, cleared my browser cache and its seems to be working now.
I had to run Pihole -up a couple times before it finial did the upgrade.
Both instances are now showing FTL Version vDev-437af07 is this correct?

The FTL version is currently a cosmetic bug, but that's correct.

Thanks!!! I'll let things run as is for now and see if the issue returns. Thanks for the support!