Google play not working

Hello.
Which URLs must be on the allow-list to make download of Apps and app-update possible on my android phone via Google Play?

The issue I am facing:
When I want to install an app from google Play, it says "Pending..." but nothing changes for hours. Same procedure for updating an app.

I discovered that it need something like ...gvt1.com or gvt2.com or gvt3.com.

I couldn't find something on documentation about the needed urls and these gvt(number).com

android.clients.google.com as well as clients1.google.com and clients2.google.com are NOT blocked! But playstore is still broken.

Can someone name the urls needed for Germany, to install and update apps?

Hello,
at the moment i also don't know the urls, but its pretty easy to find out.

Just close all apps on your smartphone.

Open up the Pi-Hole webinterface and navigate to the querly log. Now open up the playstore on the smartphone and after that instantly refresh the querly log on the web interface.

There you should see some red (blocked) urls. Just add them to the whitelist. after that, it should work again

Hi. That's the way I normally discovering it. But I still don't know if xyz.domain.com is really needed or just ad or another malicious thing.

As a minor point of correction, Pi-hole blocks at the domain level, not the URL level. You are looking for domains to add to the white list.

Hi everyone! I found one list for needed Domains by accident... Its listed on section "firewall" starting with page 37...

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.