FTL Offline After upgrading to V4

Debug Token:

mabirdilz4

After updating to V4, my pihole stopped blocking ads. The web interface shows FTL: Offline. The following cmd shows:

sudo systemctl status pihole-FTL.service
Active

sudo systemctl status dnsmasq
Active (I do use dnsmasq)

I have also tried pihole -r several times with no success. FTL still shows offline. Looking at the FTL github, there's a note saying v4 FTL includes it's own dns and dnsmasq cannot be run at the same time?

Please note that we do not use dnsmasq any more as the process pihole-FTL incorporates the most recent version of dnsmasq now. You should stop dnsmasq and never look at it again. Everything you did with dnsmasq before will now work with pihole-FTL.

Both provide DNS service and hence both processes need to bin to port 53. This is probably the issue you're seeing. Try

sudo systemctl stop dnsmasq
sudo systemctl restart pihole-FTL

Noticed the same on a 4.0 installing running in a Debian VM. Would run for approx ~24 hours or, then WenUI shows “Lost connection…”. Restarting FTL fixes it temporarily.

Is there anything in the log /var/log/pihole-FTL.log or /var/log/pihole.log that'd point towards a failure after these 24 hours?

I will let you know

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.