Fresh install stuck at DNS service restarting

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Fresh install after trying to install DoH using cloufared (which broke pihole).

Actual Behaviour:

Pihole not installing. Can’t get DNS service running, FTL seems to have problems too. Tried -r a few times, rebooted a few times, removed every trace of DoH that I could find.

Debug Token:

63mn3zsfv6

I don't normally offer this as a first solution, but it may be quicker to reimage the OS and install Pi-Hole from scratch again. When software installs go south, it can be very time consuming with the back and forth on a support forum such as this to pinpoint and fix the problem. If you don't have significant other software installed, this may be your quickest return to a functioning Pi-Hole.

i do understand this, however there is additional software installed which I’d rather not have to reinstall again (retropie in particular).

OK. Then I would do a complete uninstall of Pi-Hole and then reinstall Pi-Hole from scratch.

pihole uninstall and remove dependencies

sudo rm -rf /etc/.pihole /etc/pihole /opt/pihole /usr/bin/pihole-FTL /usr/local/bin/pihole /var/www/html/pihole /var/www/html/admin

I fucked up and removed the networkmanager by accident. I’m going for a fresh install now. Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.