Failed to work after update to 5.1

I'm new to Linux but with some time I was able to get pihole working on a pi zero with Buster. After the update to 5.1 it stopped blocking adds but the web UI was still working. Looked though the documentation to see if I could find a solution and didn't find a trouble shooting section so I came here. Before I posted this I fallowed the recommendation of looking at other post to help me find a solution and when I tried one it just made things worse so now the web UI does not work.

I am writing this to say at one point I was seriously thinking about donating to the cause but when you have a WORKING product that fails after update, why would you? Do not treat this as a support question, I will just format my card and start over from the beginning.

After 5.1 is installed and working I will donate $5.00 for every 5.x build that works after the update without issue and I'll donate $10.00 for every successful new build i.e. 6.0. The first time pihole fails to block adds after an update from a working system my donations will stop, good luck.

Keep your donations, I'm not your monkey.

2 Likes

No confidence you can release an update without breaking it?

No time or tolerance for asshats.

You appear to have applied almost zero effort finding a solution to whatever problem you were experiencing. You read a few posts, browsed a few minutes on this site, did something with your Pi-hole to make your problem worse.

A simple request for help with the issue would have been more productive. You would have resolved the problem and learned something in the process (i.e. the purpose of the debug log, the primary troubleshooting tool included in Pi-hole).

If there is a bug that we aren’t aware of, there’s a lost opportunity to correct that, so you aren’t helping the community either.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.