Extra static IP conf files not showing in 'Static DHCP leases configuration'

Hi,

I've added some custom .conf files containing static assignments to cd /etc/dnsmasq.d/

They're working ok, with the minor annoyance that they're not showing in the gui under
Settings>DHCP>Static DHCP leases configuration

I presume that the gui only displays what's in 04-pihole-static-dhcp.conf?

It all seems to be working ok otherwise, so it's not a big thing, but I just wanted to check it's expected behaviour please.

Is there a list of the naming convention of these .conf files that pihole uses somewhere please - just so I don't accidentally create any of the same name

Pi-Hole uses /etc/dnsmasq.d/01-pihole.conf and /etc/dnsmasq.d/02-pihole-dhcp.conf and there is a static lease file for which I don't recall the file name.

The Pi-Hole files have pihole in the name. Other than that, there is no naming convention in that folder so you are free to use names that make sense to you.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I have 04-pihole-static-dhcp.conf for the static, so I'm guessing there is an 03 created by some option as well

Any idea of what the gui displays in that sections. I presume it's just the contents of 04-, rather than all static leases across all .conf files.

I don't know the answer to that, as i don't have a Pi-Hole configured as DHCP server.

@beardedfool

No idea what the 03 option is/was for but I don't have it either and I use PiHole for DHCP & DNS

pi@Heimdall:/ $ ls -al /etc/dnsmasq.d/
total 24
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4096 Sep 26 21:43 .
drwxr-xr-x 114 root root 4096 Sep 27 11:01 ..
-rw-r--r--   1 root root 1529 Sep 22 20:38 01-pihole.conf
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  485 Sep 20 19:23 02-pihole-dhcp.conf
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  499 Sep 26 21:44 04-pihole-static-dhcp.conf
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  498 Sep 15 14:12 09-guestnet.conf

Thanks for checking both.

Maybe someone else will know about the gui

Interesting, according to this link it's

03-wildcard.conf : used for wildcard blacklisting

I say interesting as I have some wildcard blacklisting enabled yet I don't have that file

We need to update that very old FAQ. V4.0 of Pi-Hole introduced regex for wildcard blocking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.