pihole update trough pihole -up or and pihole -r

Actual Behaviour:

the requested url returned 404

Debug Token:

l7rx1pn5t9

ftldns beta with regex
while updating the following text occurs

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
[i] Checksums do not match, downloading from ftl.pi-hole.net.
[i] Downloading and Installing FTL...curl: (22) The requested URL returned err or: 404
[✗] Downloading and Installing FTL
Error: URL not found
seems like me there is an extra dot in the download url which stops making it work

pihole running fine

Can you try a

sudo bash -x /opt/pihole/automated\ install/basic-install.sh --reconfigure --unattended

sudo bash -x /etc/.pihole/automated\ install/basic-install.sh --reconfigure --unattended

and paste up the last portion before it fails out?

pi@fr0sh-pi:~ $ sudo bash -x /opt/pihole/automated\ install/basic-install.sh --reconfigure --unattended
bash: /opt/pihole/automated install/basic-install.sh: No such file or directory

Are you seeing the same problem as the original poster?

The correct path is actually:

sudo bash -x /etc/.pihole/automated\ install/basic-install.sh --reconfigure --unattended

Yes I do.
I attached you the whole log file (because I am on my mobile phone right now).192.168.178.5_20180501220113.txt (138.9 KB)

same here no such file or directory

as i said before it is trying to update from ftl.pi-hole.net. instead of ftl.pi-hole.net the extra dot at the end is the error to my opionion

problem is since today update from yesterday no problem

It's not the URL, the server is returning a 404, it's a path there.

curl -sSL --fail https://ftl.pi-hole.net/new/regex/pihole-FTL-arm-linux-gnueabihf.sha1
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
1 Like

ok my bad :slight_smile:

No problem, we check everything on debugs.

That branch you were on has been merged in to the main FTLDNS beta. Try running pihole checkout ftl FTLDNS to get back on a main branch. Then try the pihole -up again to make sure you have the latest.

2 Likes

that seems to have solved it :slight_smile: thanks merging caused the problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.