[SOLVED] Edit the DHCP hostnames of the unknowns

When the Pihole DHCP server serves up an address to certain devices the hostname is listed as unknown. I can tell from the MAC what device it is but there's no way to edit the hostname using the GUI and I don't know enough about the file system to know where to edit the table that is created.

It would be great if there was a way to edit the hostname from the interface and to ensure that the name remained with the device should the same device/MAC happen to receive another IP address.

Until an interface change can be made, is there a file that I can edit to set the hostname?

does this help?

Solved my issue completely, thank you!

I didn't notice the text at the bottom, but this is just what I needed. I was using the clipboard icon on each entry in the Currently Active list to add the unknowns to the Static Leases list but the name I added didn't actually change the name in the Currently Active list. By leaving out the IP address it solves this problem.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.