Doubleclick.net and wildcard

Adding doubleclick.net to wildcard blocking causes dnsmasq to fail.

-- Unit dnsmasq.service has begun starting up.
Jun 10 22:12:28 x systemd[1]: dnsmasq.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Jun 10 22:12:28 x dnsmasq[5610]: bad address at line 38 of /etc/dnsmasq.d/03-pihole-wildcard.conf
Jun 10 22:12:28 x dnsmasq[5610]: dnsmasq: bad address at line 38 of /etc/dnsmasq.d/03-pihole-wildcard.conf
Jun 10 22:12:28 x systemd[1]: Failed to start dnsmasq - A lightweight DHCP and caching DNS server.
-- Subject: Unit dnsmasq.service has failed
-- Defined-By: systemd
-- Support: http://www.ubuntu.com/support
--
-- Unit dnsmasq.service has failed.
--
-- The result is failed.

Is this normal behavior or a bug? Currently running on the latest dev release:

Pi-hole Version vDev (development, v3.0-108-g6823a62) Web Interface Version vDev (devel, v3.0-46-g58f6406) FTL Version v2.8

Can you run a pihole -d and upload that, we'll take a look and see where the issue may be at.

Surely, here you go: 08iktyw50n

I don't see the wildcard entry for doublclick, but there are some other errors with PHP. Take a look at /var/log/pihole-debug.log to see what I am referring to, this is an exact copy of what was uploaded to the server.

I also do not see it in your list. Were you adding it via the Web interface or the command line?

Sorry for the late response, I finally figured out the issue. When setting up Pi-Hole, it appends /48 after the IPv6 address. Whenever you add something to the wildcard list it appends /48 IPv6 after each entry. This throws an error causing dnsmasq to fail. Once I removed /48, all returned to normal.

This will be fixed in the next release.