Donations don't work?

Hello,

I finally wanted to donate to this awesome project, however I had the feeling the web-interface was somewhat broken (changing currency did nothing for me for example). Even worse, when I tried to just go ahead with paypal I got this message here:

Access Denied - Sucuri Website Firewall

If you are the site owner (or you manage this site), please whitelist your IP or if you think this block is an error please open a support ticket and make sure to include the block details (displayed in the box below), so we can assist you in troubleshooting the issue.

Don't tell me I am blocking the payment process with pi-hole myself here :smiley:?! Anyone made similar experiences?

Taking a look now. The ability to switch currencies has been temporarily removed because of issues on the payment gateway.

Sucuri should be configured to whitelist all donation pages, I'd need the IP address of the system that got blocked to see exactly why the notice was displayed. Or the contents of the box of details.

Allright, I just tried it again to reproduce, and yes I attached a screenshot with my static IP address blacked out. I am trying to donate from my private home, with the static IP from the local ISP. If you really need that one, I can send it to you per PM, just let me know!

I can check the day after the block on my end. The real-time information doesn't provide the level of detail to search through and audit logs are time-delayed. Hopefully I can get information based just on the Time: detail alone.

Hi Dan,

I got curious and tried to donate from my phone, connected to the mobile internet.. I saw the same Sucuri page again and got blocked! That can't be right? This time I can give you the IP as it should change anyways soonish and only points to my smartphone:

The rest of the information looks pretty much like my screenshot above, only the device information is different of course.

PS: Now I also tried GooglePay instead of PayPal, this also didn't work! Got a reddish 'There was an error processing your order. Please try again.' But no more details.

Can you give it another try? There's a temporary workaround set up while the issue is being elevated to a higher support tier.

Yes it worked :slight_smile: ! Successfully used PayPal from my home cable internet connection :+1:

2 Likes