DNSSEC Validation Broken?

I’m not sure what’s happening here or how to troubleshoot, but no network changes have been made other than a recent update to my Pihole install.

Note: I was forced to put parenthesis around (@) because the site thinks I’m tagging a user and refuses to let me post, but when issuing the commands the at symbol is not enclosed in parenthesis.

Expected Behaviour:
When testing DNSSEC Validation w/ dig sigfail.verteiltesysteme.net @127.10.10.1 -p 5353 I should be receiving a “SERVFAIL” response with no IP

Actual Behaviour:
When testing DNSSEC Validation with: dig sigfail.verteiltesysteme.net @127.10.10.1 -p 5353 I’m getting a “NOERROR” response and IP instead of “SERVFAIL”

Hint:

If you surround the code using backticks (like this: ` code `), you can post as many @ as you like.

dig sigfail.verteiltesysteme.net @127.10.10.1 -p 5353

This post explains what is happening:

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in. Rebooted the pi after the time adjustment and it seems to have fixed the issue with the new test domains you provided. Good catch!! Thanks again!!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.