DNSMASQ 'concurrent DNS queries reached (max: 150)'

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

PiHole just running w/o intervention

Actual Behaviour:

Periodic failure to lookup DNS. The only odd thing about my setup is that I turn off all internet connectivity between 1and 5am. It does not seem to be the cause of the issue. Every time I open the admin page, I have a flashing bouncing notification:
Sometimes it is still looking up DNS other times it is frozen and nothing it being looked up. Yesterday monring it was frozen. Today it is still working. This problem 'seems' to be most apparent when I have the local unbound as the DNS source, but I have also seen it with google as the DNS source.
I have unbound installed per the docs and have also done the optional steps of setting the edns-packet-max and disabling unbound-resolvconf. If I restart the pi-hole, it goes away but reappears later. I do not remember this happening previously as the PiHole 'just worked' for months/years w/o intervention. It seems to be a recent occurrence, so it could be some strange behavior on my network. Is there some obscure setting I can change to alleviate this?

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/jc4ROVy4/

When you do this, any running clients can go into a DNS frenzy, repeatedly requesting domains in the absence of an answer. This can quickly lead to this warning.

Well, I guess I'll have this for a while, then and have to periodically restart the pi-hole in the AM. I have 3 kids in the house and the only way to make them go to bed is to kill the internet. Taking away phones helps somewhat, but they need to sleep and seem to have no self control. Filtering on a MAC basis does not seem to work as they spoof their MAC address and new phones spoof it as a normal course. I have tired of trying to figure out how to get the to sleep and this seems to work.
Is there a way to shut down DNS during this time as well so it does not error out? I could set up a cron job to restart the Pi after 5AM...

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.