DNSMASQ blocks desired domain for work PC

Problem Description

I currently have Pi-hole acting as both DNS and DHCP server. Works beautifully. However, my work computer is trying to pull its own Connection-specific DNS Suffix, which was blocked by the DNSMASQ causing me to receive the following warning:

Ignoring domain CONFIG_DOMAIN for DHCP host name HOSTNAME

I've read through various documentation and forums, including here, trying to find a method of allowing this one computer to obtain the correct domain rather than what I have set in Pi-hole, but just can't wrap my head around getting it set correctly.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attempted fixes

• Creating file named 99-domains.conf and placing it in /etc/dnsmasq.d containing domain=ad.local,192.168.1.xxx, replacing xxx with actual local IP address obviously.
  • Changing Interface settings from Allow only local requests to Respond only on interface ens192.

Expected Behaviour:

Wanting PC to receive its intended domain ad.local rather than the domain handed out by Pi-hole.

Actual Behaviour:

Receives domain handed out by Pi-hole.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/0hxwGohx/

Take a look here:

1 Like

Thank you kindly for the speedy response. Only step I was missing was to restart the DNS resolver on Pi-hole. It's now working as intended. Have a terrific weekend!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.