DNS stopped working

Hello everyone,

yesterday I updated my raspbian os and installed docker with docker compose. (The installed docker uses ports 3000 and 4000.) After rebooting the pi the pi hole DNS server stopped working on my computer and smartphone.

I changed the DNS servers within the pi hole gui but that didn't change anything. Pinging website directly from the pi works fine also my installed unbound is started and is working.

I already restarted all pihole services, ran pihole - r an rebooted the pi itself multiple times with no success.

Is there anything I could try to solve this issue? Chrome is reporting DNS_PROBE_STARTED and /or DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG

Thanks

bullseye?

check if /etc/unbound/unbound.conf.d/resolvconf_resolvers.conf, if it does, delete it and restart unbound. see here.

you also need to comment out the unbound entry in /etc/resolvconf.conf to prevent the config file (/etc/unbound/unbound.conf.d/resolvconf_resolvers.conf) to be recreated by resolvconf

1 Like

thanks for the fast answer.

Yes exactly upgraded to bullseye after having problems to get docker working on buster.

/etc/unbound/unbound.conf.d/resolvconf_resolvers.conf doesn´t exist just pi-hole.conf and root-auto-trust-anchor-file.conf

I commented out the unbound lines in /etc/resolvconf.conf but also didn´t help

Could it help to uninstall unbound and install it again?

Thanks again

Please upload a debug log and post just the token URL that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

Thanks again.
My debug token is https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/QlyNjgvu/

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.