DNS server error with netgear modem

i'm really new to pi-hole/raspberry pi 4
i set up everything right with my rasp pi 4 OS and pi-hole but when i try to set the DNS server for the IP address that pi-hole gave me i keep getting this error and i don't know why.

Looks like a problem with your modem. What modem do you use?

i have Netgear C6300 Firmware Version V2.01.26

Searching the forum for that device reveals that sometimes IPS don't allow to change DNS settings.

You could try to deactivate the routers DHCP server and use pihole as DHCP server instead. This will automatically set piholes's IP as DNS server for your clients.

i'm not sure how to deactivate the router's DHCP server. and i have try calling netgear but i learned NEVER buy netgear because they just want more money to pay them just to get help with there support.

Page 53, "Use Gateway as DHCP server"

ok i see! ill have to try this when i get off of work.
my big question is, do i use the IP address that pi-hole gave into this DHCP?
i don't want to mess up and brick my internet and call my ISP to help me.

Where did the pihole "gave" you the IP address? You should configure a static IP on the device hosting pihole.
Befor you break things: Limit the DHCP range of your router to one IP address and assign it to the pihole device. Then turn on the DHCP server of pihole with a non-overlapping DHCP range.

using this, what pi-hole gave me

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.