DNS Probe / sudden internet disconnections

Please follow the below template, it will help us to help you!

Expected Behaviour:

Pi-Hole works fine most of the time

Actual Behaviour:

I had been successfully using the combination of Pihole/Fritzbox 7490 for several months now.

But since a few days I have the problem that the DSL connection is interrupted several times a day (all lamps on the Fritzbox are flashing). Up to now I was actually of the opinion that it was due to problems with my internet provider, but after a few days I became a bit suspicious. When the Internet fails, I always get the following message in my browser:
DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET

Can the error message "DNS PROBE FINISHED BAD CONFIG" be an indication of a pi-hole error? However, it occurs at most once every few hours.

For example, the last time the DSL connection was not interrupted. However, none of my devices was connected to the Internet.

Most of the time only rebooting the router helps to get going again.

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/n4tg5lyaud

This indicates a connection problem between your modem/router and the ISP. DSL is the connection between you and the ISP. Pi-hole has no involvement in the connection between your modem and the ISP. When your connection to the internet is lost, your browser is reporting that it cannot reach the internet.

This indicates that the problem is a connectivity problem to the ISP.

1 Like

But according to the router the internet connection is still there most of the time... My devices just say DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET or or DNS PROBE FINISHED BAD CONFIG

Also: If it would be a connectivity problem to the ISP, shouldn't it be still possible to connect to my router?

often times it is not possible to connect to my router during these problems via browser... opening fritz.box doesn't work; 192.168.178.1 does work

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.