DNS and IP sometimes not resolving using PI Hole DNS server

Ok so I have a weird one... I made a fresh install of resbian & installed pihole on it.

I set my router to use 192.168.0.100 as DNS server, it's the static local IP of my pihole DNS server. On one Windows desktop and on my GF's iPad, sometimes, Internet doesn't work. For example, facebook.com or google.com is no longer resolving, and pinging 8.8.8.8 doesn't work neither.

As soon as I disable pihole, it stats working back. If I remove pihole DNS server from the router setting, it starts working back.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Edit: sometimes I also just get:

> ping google.ca -t
Ping request could not find host google.ca. Please check the name and try again.

Edit2: I just removed the pihole from the DNS server settings on my router and I still have the same issue on the Windows machine...

Yes, what you are describing is unrelated to the DNS server and is an issue with your upstream Internet connection.

This is, in fact, a DNS issue, but most likely it is caused by the Internet issue you are seeing anyhow.

I plugged in a new switch (TP-Link TL-SG108E) and it was set to use IP 192.168.0.1, which is the same as the router and also the default DNS, the router then use 192.168.0.100. It's also the default gateway IP. Anyway. It was obviously the reason. I plugged it the same day I got pihole running, didn't point the finger in the right direction lol. Thanks for the help!