Disabling Pi-hole isn't working nor whitelist domain

Hi to all, i need some advice i need sometime to disable pihole but isn't working.
My network setup

Router provider (192.168.0.1)-------(192.168.1.99)Opnsense(10.0.0.xx) ------- Other client and Pi-hole (10.0.0.xx)

Opnsense active service :

• Undound DNS active
  • DHCP Server that send clients pi-hole ip for DNS

The troubles is when i disable pihole, isn't working, pi-hole still block all, and also if i add whitelist domain in pihole domain is still blocked...

Debug link
https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/XBJqFljp/

Thanks in advance.

Max

When you disable Pi-hole, it clears all blocking and blocks nothing. We are not aware of a bug in this area.

Where are you seeing that Pi-hole is blocking domains when it is disabled? Is this in the Pi-hole query log, in the dnsmasq log at /var/log/pihole.log, etc.?

When i disable pihole, pihole still block ads and sites like analytics.google.com
And if i add analytics.google.com into whitelist it is still unreachedable, stay blocked.

In firefox if i go to analytics.google.com get me "Unable to connect"
other test (with pihole disabled) is as follow

dig analytics.google.com
;; ANSWER SECTION:
analytics.google.com.	1	IN	A	0.0.0.17

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
info.portmaster.	0	IN	TXT	"blocked: analytics.google.com. in activated lists PL-B,SB-AM and in deactivated lists BYX, DCT"
info.portmaster.	0	IN	TXT	"analytics.google.com. is blocked by filter lists PL-B, SB-AM"
info.portmaster.	0	IN	TXT	"analytics.google.com. would be blocked by filter lists BYX, DCT"

;; Query time: 20 msec
;; SERVER: 10.0.0.99#53(10.0.0.99)
;; WHEN: Sat Jan 22 20:33:15 CET 2022
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 375

I notice another strange behaviour.
I have one domain in blacklist, and when i disable pihole this domain isn't blocked, and when i enable pihole blacklisted domain is blocked.

I don't understand where is problem but there is!

It Is possible that unbound dns in opnsense cause trouble?
Pihole DNS setting use opnsense as upstream server..

Thanks
Max

I don't think Pi-hole is blocking this. Let's look in the dnsmasq log for these transactions:

grep analytics.google.com /var/log/pihole.log

Looking at this: do you run portmaster? Do you use any filterlist with that software. This is a response not generated by Pi-hole. Your issue is upstream.

damn damn damn damn, i completly forgot of portmaster (safing.io/portmaster/) a software that a test a couple of days ago. This software block something..

After removing portmaster all working as expected.

Thank to all for advice.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.