DHCP with Vlan on the graphical interface

Can please implement DHCP with Vlan? Is that possible?

Please give more information, as it stands now your feature request is too vague to do anything about.

I wanted to use my pihole as Dhcp server. My network has one main Lan and 4 vlan, i wish we could represent the lan and the vlan in pihole. I think it could be a good feature.

That is an advanced configuration, and you should instead make your advanced configs as a new dnsmasq config in /etc/dnsmasq.d. See the dnsmasq man page for more information on the possible config options:

http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html

(Google Translate)

I think the idea is very good.

However, I would like to have one general options for graphing VLANs. In the network settings only the devices are displayed that in the same Subnet as Pi-Hole itself which can be displayed by arp synonymous.

On my Fritzbox but still depends on a CISCO switch with four Vlans. For the DNS Hostnames and the Bonjouring I have meanwhile set up a second RPi which is connected to the CISCO, can manage VLAN's and the avahi daemon serves used as a Bonjouring Proxy server around the Bonjouring also over different Subnetze makes possible.

It would therefore be a great option if it would somehow be possible if these devices that use the DNS server from Pi-Hole also graphically displaye in the Admin interface under Networksettings.

HI,

could we have the ability to add/remove VLANS from the DHCP in the GUI interface as opposed to having edit a text file. So that DHCP can work on networks with VLANS. (thinking more for the home user than a regular Linux guru).

Having this ability would really make the DHCP side of Pi-Hole really functional?

Thanks

BizBo

1 Like

You would need to edit your network config on OS level too when you add a VLAN Interface so you need to login via SSH anyway :wink:

Unless our dear developer friends can somehow add such a feature too ??