DHCP, PFSense and VPN issue

I am running the latest version of Pi-Hole.

I have PFSense running at 10.5.5.1 / 24 (255.255.255.0)
Pi-Hole at 10.5.5.2
Pi-Hole is running DHCP for range 10.5.5.100-200.

When a device joins to get a DHCP IP, it also gets a subnet mask of 255.0.0.0...

ifconfig shows 10.5.5.2 /8

I need DHCP to hand out the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

If I force the network adapter to 10.5.5.2/24 and reboot, pihole stops working with error "pihole Ignoring query from non-local network"...

Can someone tell me how to change the subnet mask on the Pi-Hole AND the DHCP Server?

Please upload a debug log and post just the token URL that is generated after the log is uploaded by running the following command from the Pi-hole host terminal:

pihole -d

or do it through the Web interface:

Tools > Generate Debug Log

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/Rwd1qreu/

Please note, I changed the IP addresses used in the posting vs the actual in-use. To further detail the problem, a VoIP phone is getting an IP from DHCP (say 10.5.5.200) and getting the wrong subnet. It successfully get's it's configuration from provisions but then it connects via OpenVPN to 10.8.0.1, receives an IP say 10.8.0.200... but the phone can't keep the VPN running. I suspect that there might be a conflict which lead me to the subnet mask discrepancy... it might not solve the issue but I would like to straighten the issue out.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.