Dbl.iosd.nl down

Just discovered that this location is not accessible anymore, which has been announced when checking its link. Can you provide another .nl URL to use? Thanks.

Blockquote
Adlist with ID 2 was inaccessible during last gravity run. https://dbl.oisd.nl

According to the info page at oisd.nl:

I replaced the old url list with the updated url list and the Pi-hole is blocking and the error is gone.

Be sure to update your gravity lists.

Thanks, that does the trick.
Is it reliable as far as you know?

Blocking seems as robust as before. No issues here :slight_smile:

OK, thanks.

I noticed a tremendous number of ads suddenly appearing and this was the problem. However, once I set the new URL and ran pihole -g, things mostly returned to 'normal service' but some ads are still creeping through - they appear mostly to be google ads. I wonder what's going on? I'm running FTL 5.17.3, not the recommended 5.22 (maybe I need to update Buster finally) - might this be the cause?

The maintainer of that list intentionally excludes a number of domains from his list. Including:

ads.google.com

https://oisd.nl/excludes.php

Ah, OK, thank you SO MUCH. Will add.

Seems like the versions matter. In the url I mentioned previously, this appears on the page for the new url to work as the file's format has changed:

• Requires FTL v5.22, Web v5.19 and Core v5.16.1 (or Newer) to work.

Oisd used to have a hosts format list, put together from lots of other people's lists and deliberately excluding a lot of ad domains as mentioned. On 1st Jan the site has stated that it wil no longer produce lists in hosts format, making them available only in ABP format.

Important Announcement: Discontinuing hosts/domains -syntax

Starting January 1st, 2024, I will be discontinuing support for HOSTS and DOMAINS syntaxes. (Read: Stop building / providing them.)

The Pi-hole versions listed are the ones in which Pi-hole (re)introduced support for ABP's wildcard domain format in blocklists, which is why that is the minimum Pi-hole version needed.

This is at least the second time the site owner has switched off the hosts format lists; looks like this time they are staying off.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.