Connected, No Internet

Expected Behaviour:

Should be able to surf internet w/o ads

Actual Behaviour:

Connected to DNS server but has no internet connectivity. Only work around is to add a secondary DNS 8.8.8.8 or any other standard DNS to allow for internet access

Debug Token:

https://tricorder.pi-hole.net/bzaqr6suay

Details:
I've set the DNS IPv4 on my devices to the Pi's Static IP. Each time that is the only DNS server it shows that my devices are connected, no internet. The only work around that I've found is to add a secondary DNS but that defeats the purpose of the Pi-hole.

I do not want all network wide devices to be able to connect to the Pi-hole so I am changing the internet properties of certain devices that I do want connected. My only takeaway when checking the debugger myself is No IPv4 address(es) found on the eth0 interface. I've tried searching that and haven't seen anything specific to my issue.

All results lead to making the Pi-hole network wide vs only operating on specific devices

Does your Pi-hole device have an ethernet port? It looks like it is connect via wifi. Run pihole -r and reconfigure to listen on wlan0

Solved!

I went through the set up so quickly that I didn't switch the initial configuration. Should have noticed, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.